Sunday, October 9, 2011

Idea Post

Charles Pollack
10/9/2011
Eng 1B
Week Five- Prompt #1
      As I read my blog posts for an idea post, I started to come up with a theme based on religion. I believe I will be exploring the New Criticism theory in my analysis.
      Supporting my argument would be the Islamic Revolution versus western ideals. How Marjane uses both of these ideals using irony and as a paradox throughout the novel. Words spelled the same, but Marjane uses the words to mean different ideas. I would write about how she uses them and the different meanings. Satrapi’s writes about similarities, God and Marx, and her faith in each of them. Then later she has no faith in either or in the fundamentalist regime.

2 comments:

  1. Chuck this is helping me out a lot on what to do because I am still trying to figure it out, but best of luck in you paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds extremely interesting! Paradox is a tricky concept and so is irony for that matter. I am very interested in this. I think that there is much room for an interesting exploration here,
    Chuck. Be careful, though, you will need to stay tightly focused on a few main points. This is a short paper and I don't want you to get to 'worn' out for our longer paper on In Dubious Battle. Great work on your blog!!!!Thanks for the effort. I'm not sure why your blog is always at the bottom of the blog role. When I respond, I usually start at the top because (usually) the most recent posts appear at the top and the blog role is organized by activity (the least active at the bottom) but yours (and Manuel's) seem anchored down here even though both of you are posting, so I will do a better job of visiting more often next quarter. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete